Attorney Dominick R. Welch has a background in Criminal Justice Prosecution and Defense, which he uses to provide exceptional representation to adult and juvenile clients at The Chastaine Law Office.
Mr. Welch joined The Chastaine Law Office after leaving the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office. There he handled local misdemeanor and felony cases on behalf of the State of California. During his tenure, Mr. Welch spent time in the prosecution units where he was trained on the internal negotiating positions of the prosecutor’s office, mandatory sentencing guidelines, and prosecution procedure and posture. Mr. Welch represented the State in misdemeanor and felony Domestic Violence, Sex Crime, Juvenile, and Driving Under the Influence criminal cases.
In the DUI unit, Mr. Welch was trained by the California Highway Patrol and Sacramento Crime Laboratory in the following scientific areas:
- How specific medication can affect blood alcohol content
- Procedure a phlebotomist must observe to capture a reliable blood sample
- Procedure an officer must observe to capture a reliable breath sample
- Calibration procedure for the Alcohol Screening Device
- Field Sobriety Testing
- Internal Office Negotiating Guidelines, not published to the public
This level of expertise is brought to all his current DUI cases, making sure everyone receives the best possible chance of a favorable outcome. He is immensely passionate when it comes to advocating the best interest of his clients. This takes a comprehensive approach requiring both time and care. Mr. Welch left the DA’s Office for private practice in order to provide this level of representation. He brings his impeccable reputation for honesty and credibility, treating every client with respect.
We welcome Mr. Welch as an important asset to The Chastaine Law Office team.
- JD., Lincoln Law School of Sacramento (2016)
- Awarded the Outstanding Academic Achievement Award for 2016
- BS. California State University at Sacramento (2012)
- AS. Sacramento City College (2009)
- Justice Kennedy Inn of Court
- State Bar of California – criminal law section
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- California Public Defenders Association
- California Young lawyers Association
- California DUI Lawyers Association