Record Clearance and Other Favorable Dispositions
Attorney Chastaine believes that everyone deserves a second chance. To facilitate that goal, Mike has established a strong practice involving criminal record clearance. He has obtained numerous Certificates of Rehabilitation in various counties for persons with prior sex offenses, thereby eliminating their requirement to register as a sex offender. The firm also recently persuaded the district attorney to dismiss a failure-to-register-as-a-sex-offender case due to a mistake of fact. Recent changes to the law regarding person required to register as a sex offender allow new ways to be relieved of that burden. The Chastaine Law Office is accepting tier registration case to assist those in need of these services.
The Chastaine Law Office has:
- Secured a certificate of factual innocence regarding a client identified as a person who threw a beer bottle at a woman
- Obtained a very favorable federal sentence for a client who possessed weapons after suffering drug sales convictions
- Obtained a full dismissal on a very complex elder abuse fraud case based upon establishing that the complaining witness was lying
- Proved in a federal marijuana-growing case that included an officer-involved shooting that the police officer was shot with friendly fire, saving the client 10 years in prison
- Obtained a sentence of probation in a federal prosecution of a medical marijuana grower.
- Obtaining well below guideline sentences for persons charged with child pornography.
- Successfully sued the California Parole Division for false imprisonment of a client.
- Obtain dismissal of many cases, including a child molest cases where the client was facing a life sentence.
We provide services in Sacramento, Placer, El Dorado, Yolo Counties, Rancho Cordova, Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Orangevale, Citrus Heights, Granite Bay, Roseville, and other surrounding areas in California. Contact us today to inquire about our free initial consultations. We offer evening and weekend office hours by appointment.